Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points31 days registered

Level
    Thanks

Need eye surgery .

They were between the ages of 30 and 40 and did it mostly because they were nearsighted. They all have 20/20 vision now but need reading glasses, still.

I'm 33 and since my eyesight has improved quite a bit since I was 23, I predict that in 20 years time I may not even need glasses anymore. I can't really tell if presbyopia will affect me when my eyes are actually slowly adjusting backwards, so we'll have to see.

Thank you for bringing this up.

I am nearsighted. I can read just fine without corrective lenses but need them for anything of distance. I was told (at least in my case) the surgery only repairs one vision - not both: it will either correct distance so one doesn't need glasses while driving and other normal medium to long range activities, however close activity like reading would then likely require 'cheaters', perhaps even a prescription. Or the procedure will repair close range but then the distance vision would likely need correction.

I know a few people who went through the procedure and they all need 'cheaters' to read. All are > 40 yoa. Maybe that's a contributing factor.

I'd like to understand this better.

Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered100 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cloning View Post
    They were between the ages of 30 and 40 and did it mostly because they were nearsighted. They all have 20/20 vision now but need reading glasses, still.

I'm 33 and since my eyesight has improved quite a bit since I was 23, I predict that in 20 years time I may not even need glasses anymore. I can't really tell if presbyopia will affect me when my eyes are actually slowly adjusting backwards, so we'll have to see.

Thank you for bringing this up.

I am nearsighted. I can read just fine without corrective lenses but need them for anything of distance. I was told (at least in my case) the surgery only repairs one vision - not both: it will either correct distance so one doesn't need glasses while driving and other normal medium to long range activities, however close activity like reading would then likely require 'cheaters', perhaps even a prescription. Or the procedure will repair close range but then the distance vision would likely need correction.

I know a few people who went through the procedure and they all need 'cheaters' to read. All are > 40 yoa. Maybe that's a contributing factor.

I'd like to understand this better.
    Every medical plan is a bit different, so you should definitely double check your own coverage and talk to your accountant or tax advisor, but in many cases laser eye surgery is covered by company medical plans. If it isn’t, it is still a tax-deductible expense – calculated based upon your income. The total costs must exceed three per cent of your net income and only the portion that exceeds your net income is claimed. Example: if your net income is $30,000, your medical expenses have to exceed $900 ($30,000 x 3%) and you can only claim the expenses over $900.

Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points31 days registered

Level
    Thanks
    Dr. Yaldo was Michigan’s first to perform CATz Lasik, the most precise LASIK treatment available in the world, surpassing even the most advanced wavefront-guided Lasik eye surgery treatment. Read Story.

In over 95% of cases, CATz topography-guided Lasik eye surgery produces “Super-Normal Vision”, which is defined as better than 20-20 vision! The new topography-guided Lasik technology — known as Customized Aspheric Treatment Zone (or “CATz”) — maps the patient’s cornea by measuring nearly 7,000 points of light, versus the approximately 200 points of light measured with traditional wavefront technology.

While just a small number of surgeons in the U.S. are currently trained and certified to offer topography-guided LASIK, the procedure and related technology have been used widely for more than a decade throughout Europe, Asia, and South America. “CATz is by far the most precise LASIK technology available, and it represents a huge leap forward,” notes Dr. Yaldo. “I am proud to have played a role in its development over the past several years. I’m also delighted to be one of the first surgeons in the nation to offer what is now the new gold standard for LASIK.” https://yaldoeyecenter.com/