Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered250 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award

Level
    Thanks

What is dust and how do i minimise it?

Many of you who have started using Profit Trailer recently will notice there is a Dust Log. If you have an exchange account then there will often be an option to hide "small balances", in other words to hide your dust and zero balances.

So what is DUST? and How can you minimise it?

Dust refers to a small remaining balance of a coin or currency that does not meet the criteria for a minimum sale on your exchange. Given the amount is so small, if you try to transfer it and pay a fee to do so you are even less likely to be able to sell it!

In other words, the rules binding that particular currency on your exchange, be it USD, BNB, BTC, ETH or ADA, prevent you from making any 1 sale of the amount you have, it is simply too small to offer to any buyer.

Currency and Exchange rules
    Either due to technical limitations, preferences set by the founders of a coin or just the exchange itself, each and every coin has a range of minimum criteria for a trade to take place. This makes sense right? Binance or Bittrex aren't interested in trading $0.0000003 USD for 0.0000000000000016BTC (not accurate even at the time of writing).

Most credible exchanges have information posted about how their minimums work;
    Binance - https://support.binance.com/hc/en-us...1-Trading-Rule
    Bittrex - https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us...-trade-limits-
    Keywords for search - "[Exchange name] minimum trade"

Minimising Dust for SURE
    If you REALLY wanted to make sure you had no dust at all then you could calculate all the values and ensure that all of your trades were completed in whole numbers and all the fees worked out and everything lined up to full sell the last bit in one go.

The truth is that most normal trades include some kind of remainder, and this is called Dust. It is just a mathematical truth, and utlimately if you tried to eliminate dust you would actually end up paying more for your buys of coins.

Advantages of DUST
    The advantage of Dust is that it is a kind of minimal holding. It is not uncommon that your Dust, that currently represents 1/2 of the required minimum trade, will become tradeable either due to an increase in price or because the rules are changes for that coin. You will have successfully HODLed on to a tiny bit of that coin. In Profit Trailer, I have had several coins appear in my pairs file after a few weeks ready for a little trade because the price of the coin has gone up.

Strategies for Minimising DUST in Reality
    Overall, the best strategy for minimising Dust is to reduce your Exchange fees. Look into your exchange and any discounts they may have to reduce the fees. Fees are the smallest part and tend to fracture the price the most, with greater fees meaning less benefits of DUST.

The second strategy for minimising Dust relates to Profit Trailer. If you want to have the most advanced Profit Trailer Dust features then make sure that you include this setting in your configuration.properties file settings;
    Bittrex
    BTC_dust = 0.00105
    ETH_dust = 0.0007
    USDT_dust = 3.50

Binance
    BTC_dust = 0.000999
    ETH_dust = 0.00999
    BNB_dust = 0.0105
    USDT_dust = 1.05

Poloniex
    BTC_dust = 0.000105
    ETH_dust = 0.0007
    XMR_dust = 0.0002
    USDT_dust = 1

https://wiki.profittrailer.com/doku....91;]=dust#dust

This is simply the best possible setting and there are no better options. Profit Trailer will then create the minimum possible amount of Dust for you.

Extreme Measure for DUST elimination
    Examine every coins' minimum requirements for buys and sells and propose them against the bot's strategy and blacklist any coins that may generate dust. This is basically impossible and not worth it.

The Idea of Another Fee
    I guess I personally see Dust as yet another fee that is required to get into the crypto market and I just accept it. Thankfully, this fee could go "into the black" and be available in the future whereas Exchange and conversion fees do not.

I hope that this post was helpful to you. Please feel free to post your questions and comments below.

Thanks,
    TFishy
    Been into crypto since Dec 2017. Ask me about PT and PTF settings. Avoid DMs and post in the forum so that everyone can learn.

ETH Wallet address - 0x3A0585D95EA13f5503252cE82341db3976c0f292

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TFishy For This Useful Post:

MrStegee (04-10-2018)

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Album pictures7 days registered

Level
    Thanks
    This solved my "brain".
    Tq
    🔥Affordable VPS🔥
    1 GB RAM
    1 Core vCPU
    25 GB SSD Disk
    2 TB Data Transfer
    100 Mbps Shared Bandwidth
    1 IP Address
    USD5/Month

Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered250 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award

Level
    Thanks
    yep took me awhile too however this is the best strategies you can "be"
    Been into crypto since Dec 2017. Ask me about PT and PTF settings. Avoid DMs and post in the forum so that everyone can learn.

ETH Wallet address - 0x3A0585D95EA13f5503252cE82341db3976c0f292

Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered100 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Hello everyone! I'm a beginner and only learning concepts in cryptocurrency. Nice to meet you. Useful information.

Overall activity: 99.5%

Level
    Thanks
    Thanks for that I have entered the settings into my PT